<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 19, 2004

“He has . . . set eternity in the hearts of men . . .”

I realize that there is a longing for eternity within me, a longing for eternal life, a longing for eternal satisfaction.

I long for eternal relationships, where I and another can run to the end of eternity and back again and not be exhausted, longing to go deeper still.

A great sadness falls upon my heart, for I do not have that sort of relationship with any of my friends here in this world though I long for it so much.

Indeed, though my fervent desire is to share such an intimacy of heart, I am dismayed to find how much both they and I are incapable of such a thing this side of heaven.

Am I doomed to a life consumed with a futile search for that which cannot be found?

“. . . whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.”

May I say with the woman at the well, “Give me this water so that I will not get thirsty.”

“Our hearts are restless until they rest in you.”

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?